Monday 4 June 2012

Kevin Keenan : Full Support for New Schools



Full Support for New Schools

3 June 2012

Kevin Keenan

I was encouraged to hear from the City Council's Chief Executive's meeting with the Strathmartine Local Community Planning Partnership, when he advised the meeting that he considers that 2 of our local schools need to be replaced - these schools being Sidlaw View and Baldragon Academy.
New schools are something that I believe would have the full support and backing of teachers, pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
I look forward to the Scottish Government announcing the next phase of funding via the Scottish Futures Trust.
As based on the current capital plan, new external funding will be required to deliver these 2 projects.
I also hope that all the Scottish Futures Trust's teething problems and red tape that has delayed the New Harris Academy are sorted, allowing the next phase to hit the ground quickly, helping the local construction industry.
If the new wave of Scottish Government funding is not forthcoming, I can reassure the Chief Executive of Dundee City Council that I would be the first to put my name to any petition.


Share on Facebook