Tuesday 20 December 2011

Jim McGovern recognised by Dundee Remploy


Jim McGovern recognised by Dundee Remploy
20 December 2011
Jim McGovern, MP for Dundee West, has met with representatives of the Dundee Remploy factory in Dundee who recognised the MP for his long standing support for the local factory.
The Remploy staff also took the opportunity to pass on Mr McGovern a baton celebrating the International Day of the Disabled, which took place earlier this month, which Mr McGovern will pass on in order to recognise the hard work and dedication put in by Remploy’s disabled and able bodied workers.
Jim McGovern said;
"I am humbled that representatives of the management and trade unions at the Dundee Remploy factory came to thank me for my efforts to protect Remploy from government cuts and changes.
"I have always enjoyed working with Remploy’s many dedicated members of staff to ensure their voice is heard at all levels of government.
"I was also honoured to have this baton handed to me, recognising the hard work and dedication of disabled and able-bodied people at Remploy and across the country in their communities and workplaces.
"I will be passing this baton on in recognition of their efforts."
Mr McGovern concluded,
"There is a lot of work yet to do in order to see Remploy’s future is secure.
"The consultation to the Sayce Review ended last month, and I participated in a Westminster Hall debate last Wednesday in an effort to ensure that the government does not remove their support for this important company.
"I will continue to stand up for Remploy into the future."